I have finished putting the bike back together after the powder coating was done on the frame. As promised I took pictures of the assembly process and posted them under Electric Bike/Assembly Photos. Currently there is only a list of pictures, soon I will write up a page describing what I am doing in each picture.
I was making some nitric acid to make silver nitrate, so I could make some cool silvered glass, and the transformer on the nitric plant burned up. Stank up my house, and now I need to get a new one. Hopefully a more durable unit. I think with the next one, I'll re-pot it in a custom oil filled enclosure with cooling.
So my friends and I did the 48 hour film project last weekend. It was super fun and I would recommend doing it to anyone interested in making movies. We had 48 hours to make a movie around a character, prop, line of dialogue and genre. We drew western. I did the camera work, and others wrote music, acted, edited, mixed sound etc. You can view the final result on youtube here.
I got the frame back from powder coating today. Thanks to Streetwerkz for doing the coating. Now I'll put everything back together, and take a bunch of pictures. I'll make a new page under Electric Bike for the assembly process.
Today I dropped the e-bike's frame off at the powder coaters(http://www.streetwerkz.com/). When it comes back it should be a nice gloss black, and protected from rust. After I get the frame again, I'm going to make a photo journal of the re-assembly process. This should give a pretty complete description of the bike, and how it is built. The coaters said about 1-2 weeks, so check back around then!
I put up a new page to give a short overview of the electromagnetic can crusher I built for my department. It is mostly just pictures and some brief descriptions. If there is interest I will go into more detail about construction and the physics behind it.
I have started a second run of nitric acid production using a partially finished second reactor. It is currently missing the pebble-bed reactor for producing N2O5. I plan to run it for a couple of weeks to verify my previous results before adding the extra step. Pictures under the Nitric Acid page, and a video on youtube